We're thrilled to invite you to the seventh bi-annual Comp. Sci. & Eng. Fall Demo Day. Student groups from several CSE capstone classes will be presenting the culmination of 3-months of effort, hard work, (metaphorical) blood, sweat (well... caffeine really), and tears (see above).
||Event opens, people can circulate around the virtual space and check it out
||Judges will get together to review results and pick winners
||Winners announced and videos played for the winning teams
Each participant and sponsor has been assigned to a "booth" in Gather. Posters provided by teams will be already displayed next to the session
During the demo, judges will circulate to the participants demo stations, and they will be rating each project on a specific set of criteria. Judges, expect to spend approximately five minutes with each team, in order to give you time to see them all. You will be assigned a set of projects to view specifically, but you can feel free to talk to more teams as time permits! Teams, keep this in mind and keep your presentations crisp and to the point!
At 4:00, judges will gather together in the designated Judges room to the west (screen left) to determine winners. Winners will be announced at the podium to the east (screen right) at around 4:30, and we will play videos for the winning teams.
CSE 611: Masters Capstone Project
- 1. Applenti Project [ link ]
- The Report Designer framework can be plugged into any website with minimal effort and enables dynamic update/add/deletion report configurations. The reporting framework part of the product allows the user to edit the view of the report to be generated. It enables the user to add, edit, delete the headers and configurations of the content to be present in the report.
The Analysis grid will give the customer capability to aggregate and view the data generated from various services to make better business decisions. The product allows the user to access various types of insights in terms of reports and easily visualize data to do better analysis and gain better understanding.
- 2. Choreographic Lineage [ link ]
- Thank you for visiting our site. We hope you will spend time browsing through artists and their lineal connections on the network. We also hope that you will contribute your own lineage to this expanding global resource.
- 3. Plugsity [ link ]
- Plugsity is a centralized marketplace platform which is built with the goal of providing visibility to small businesses. Businesses can register themselves on Plugsity and sell their products. Customers can discover, compare and shop products from various brands. Key features of this project are ecommerce marketplace, ability to search and filter the products, upload reviews and view reviews of the products, ability for businesses to register themselves on Plugsity and sell their products and hassle free checkout using Stripe.
- 4. PropTech [ link ]
- a website designed for property manager to manage buildings, tenants, utility bills, and to generate invoices
- 5. Startwell [ link ]
- StartWell is a web application that matches users with appropriate mental health therapists. It is a platform that assesses users with a set of questions and guides them to improve their mental Health.
- 6. Team Layer Slayers [ link ]
Prameet Chakraborty [ email ] ↳
Aishwarya Chaudhary [ email ]
- A web based EdTech platform for learning 3D Printing.
- 7. Vu Speech
- Instituted and deployed Secure Cloud platform domain on AWS for VU LLC’s speech-to-text service for hard of hearing users. This domain is based upon WebSocket API service in Python Django for user authentication and real time speech transcription. The final App is an android app in which user can securely login, and get real time speech-to-text transcription.
CSE 370: Applied Human Computer Interaction and Interface Design
- 8. Bookworm [ link ]
- Inspired by the little libraries surrounding UB, our team developed Bookworm. Bookworm is a social media web application created to connect those with a love of books. We wanted to create a way for people who share this love to interact, befriend, and connect with others in their communities to bring back the social aspect of reading. Users can use the features in our application to search for libraries, create personalized reading lists, set up trades, customize posts with our unique ISBN embedding structure, and build connections with other users through our friending system. We hope that our application will help build a community of readers one book at a time.
CSE 442: Software Engineering
- 9. Dr. Hertz Fan Club [ link ]
- A marketplace for the UB community
- 10. Spotifind [ link ]
- Spotifind is a Spotify-adjacent service that uses algorithms to produce recommendations based on artists that you enjoy. Our purpose is ultimately to connect people to new music effortlessly and seamlessly, with only a few keystrokes.
CSE 603: Parallel and Distributed Processing
- 11. Home SCoOLed
- Scalable Branch and Price Implementation for Capacitated Vehicle Routing with SCoOL
- 12. Shared Memory Induced 6-Cycle Counting in Bipartite Graphs [ link ]
- We propose a novel parallel algorithm for efficiently counting induced 6-cycles in bipartite graphs.
- 13. Team Hashbrowns
- Accelerating Game of Life via Bitwise Operations on NVIDIA GPGPUs
- 14. Terra
- Parallel CVRP Solver in Apache Spark
CSE 4/546: Reinforcement Learning
- 15. Reinforcement Learning in AWS-DeepRacer
shreyas kavathekar [ email ]
- Reinforcement Learning in simulated autonomous driving AWS-DeepRacer evironment
- 16. Tennis War
- Using DQN ML algorithms to compare MultiAgent competitive vs. cooperative applications on a Pong-like environment (Tennis).
Previous Demo Days